Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our New Favorite Gadget

Tivo has been our favorite gadget for going-on 6 years. (although thanks to DirecTV, we had migrated to the cheesy generic DVR version) We were enlightened on this amazing technology by our friend, Theresa, who told me about Tivo's awesomeness during a class at Kellogg. We've told many people about Tivo, persuaded our parents and numerous friends to also get Tivo. It's been life-changing. Alas, Tivo, you are now old-news. We still love you, but something new has come along to steal some of your limelight. Enter....TASSIMO.


Here in Europe, coffee is a big deal. And I'm not talking Starbucks...although there are many here. I'm talking the ritual of coffee, espressos, cappuchinos, etc. While many people still use manual cappuchino machines, the market for individual coffee machines is pretty large. There are a number of capsule machines on the market, including Nespresso (hyped by none other than George Clooney here in Switzerland), Tchibo, etc. Bill's office has a Nespresso machine and he's always raving about the thing. So, I thought that I would check them out and try to get one for Bill for Christmas. While Bill really likes coffee, I'm more of a tea person and selfishly, I wanted a machine that would meet my needs too. During my research, the only machine I found that does indivudal teas as well as coffees, was the Bosch Tassimo. So, under the Christmas tree this year, Bill found a Tassimo.

This thing is GREAT! The machine uses little capsules of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk to make individual-sized drinks. Unlike Keurig (which you might have heard of), it uses a bar code on the capsule to determine how much liquid to brew with, how hot it should be, etc. It's amazing. I can't go on about it enough. They make these for sale in both Europe and US. I highly recommend that you all check it out: www.tassimo.com

And for the ladies out there, I highly recommend you check out the George Clooney ad for Nespresso: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfyeXrdZZ1o

1 comment:

Bill said...

Mmmmmmm .... just had some Tassimo hot chocolate (heissi schoggi) and it was good!