Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Great Shutdown

I apologize that I haven't blogged recently. We've had so much going on with visits, travels and Brady's birthday, that things are just now settling down. And now with it being July and almost August here in Europe, things just kind of SHUT DOWN. I'm really not joking. It seems most of Europe just stops during this time. Everyone takes a vacation. In our neighborhood, most of the little stores have signs posted that say they are closed for 2-3 weeks straight. Lots of the restaurants are the same way. If your kids are in daycare...they are closed. It's kind of crazy. I don't remember this from last year, but we were in the US for most of August. All of our activities are shut down for "Ferien" aka vacation. No music classes, no German lessons, nada. Even our neighborhood community center is closed - which is a bummer, because they have an indoor playground which makes for a nice rainy day activity. The only thing I can gather that has ramped up during this time of shutting down is the construction around town. Tons of construction. Anyway, it just cracks us up that everyone takes vacation at the same time. Laugh as we are, we are taking vacation soon too - and Bill is looking forward to a relatively unstressful vacation because most of his clients are vacationing too.

Actually, I should make no apologies for being behind on blogging - The Coyle Connection is also now abiding by the Great European Shutdown. Just kidding...more posts to follow shortly!

No comments: