Having lived in Zürich city during our last time in Switzerland, we didn't get all the character involved with living in a town outside of the city. The thing that has impressed all of us this time while living in Wädenswil is that there are random outcroppings of animals in amongst the houses. Not just the occasional outdoor pet cat...but goats, sheep, and cows.
I went swimming at our local indoor pool the other day and took this picture - this is directly across from our pool. GOATS! And there are sheep too, but they were hiding when I took this picture.
One of our bus stops had about 10 sheep across from it for about a month. Then one day they were gone. I can only assume they were being used to tend to the grass (by keeping the grass short) between two apartment buildings.
The other day on our way to a different bus stop, Brady and I heard bells by a house in our immediate neighborhood. I didn't see what had the bells until on my way home.
More goats. New goats! These are tending to the grass yard behind someone's house. It's so crazy! But I love hearing the bells and saying hi to these little guys on our way to the store or bus stop! I'm not sure how long they'll be there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment