Sunday, October 5, 2008

Scrap Pink - Scrapping for a Good Cause

I ran across an article in one of my scrapbooking magazines several months ago about Scrap Pink. This is an event sponsored by Scrapbooks etc. and Susan G. Komen for the Cure to help raise funds for education and research about causes, treatment, and the search for a cure for breast cancer. Usually this is hosted by a scrapbook store, but I thought this would be a great opportunity for some of my friends and me to get together and have a fun day of crafting!

I ended up renting out a room at the American Women's Clubhouse and had 7 women show up. Since most of the attendees ended up not being avid scrapbookers, I had decided to make greeting cards. (Especially since there really isn't a good selection of English greeting cards to be found in Zürich.)
Here is the selection of cards I designed (with serious help from Splitcoast Stampers and the Stampin' Up Idea Book/Catalog) and had the group make. We also made a 2009 calendar with interchangeable months - that can be displayed by hanging with the string or with the magnets that are on the backside.
I created various giveaways for the group as well. I made drink toppers that contained iced tea mix (inspired by toppers my friend Linda made at one of her events last year). I had been wanting to use that idea for a LONG time!!!! I also made small candy boxes for each participant. I handed out a flyer on breast cancer detection as well as a Scrapbooking Supply and Idea sheet. I had so much fun just designing and making these cards and giveaways!

We had a TERRIFIC time sharing a girl's day out. And to top off the fun, we raised $130 to donate to Susan G. Komen organization!!! I can't wait to do this again!

For more information on Scrap Pink, visit: www.scrappink.com

No comments: